Alternative dispute resolution


If the Buyer - Consumer - is not satisfied with the way the company has settled its claim or if he believes that the company has violated his rights, he has the right to address the company with a request for redress. If the company responds to, or does not respond to, this request within 30 days of its dispatch, the buyer has the right to file a claim for alternative dispute resolution (ARS) dispute settlement under Act 391/2015 Zz. ARS entities are bodies and authorized legal entities under § 3 of Act 391/2015 Z.z. The proposal may be submitted by the buyer in the manner specified in §12 of Act 391/2015 Zz. The list of ARS entities can be found on the website of the Ministry of Economy of the SR

The buyer may file a complaint through the RSO Alternative Dispute Resolution Platform, which is available online at

An alternative dispute resolution can only be used by a buyer who is a consumer - a natural person who does not act on the subject of his business, employment or occupation when he concludes and performs a consumer contract. Alternative dispute resolution only concerns a dispute between a consumer and a company resulting from a consumer contract or related to a consumer contract. Alternative dispute resolution applies only to long distance contracts. An alternative dispute resolution does not deal with disputes where the value of the dispute does not exceed EUR 20. The ARS may require the consumer to charge a fee for starting an alternative dispute resolution up to a maximum of EUR 5 with VAT.